Windows Mobile Device Center
ActiveSync is out, Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) is in, WOOT. The new WMDC is the synchronization client for the Microsoft Vista and it features the following:
- Streamlined setup – A simplified new partnership wizard and improved partnership management.
- Robust synchronization – Synchronization of business-critical data such as e-mail, calendars, contacts, tasks, favorites, and files.
- Enhanced user interface - A simple and compelling user interface helps you to quickly access critical tasks and configure your device.
- File browsing – A new device browsing experience enables you more quickly browse files and folders and open documents on your device directly from your PC.
- Photo management – Picture management helps you detect new photos on your Windows Mobile powered device, tag and import them to the Windows Vista Photo Gallery.
- Media synchronization - Use Microsoft Windows Media Player to synchronize and shuffle music files on your device.
Jason Langridge posted a very thorough overview on the WMDC on his blog, highly recommended for those planning on installing. The link to Jason’s blog is here.
Another good run-through from Arne Hess of the unwired can be found here also.
For download details, click the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx.