Best App to Transfer Pics from iOS Devices to Mac
There are no doubt a handful of apps that can help you transfer pics from your iOS devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod) to your Mac, such as WiFi photo, Pic Transfer, Transfer, Photoshare, Simple Transfer and the list goes on and on. Some uses Bluetooth, WiFi or both but the most reliable way especially if you are transferring a lot of files is definitely via WiFi.
One great app I tried out and am sticking with is the Pics Assistant for Mac (Free via App Store) and “Pics” for iOS devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod) (US$1.99) from Phyar Studio. The transfer is fast and it imports not only pictures but HD videos as well without losing any quality. The “Pics” app for iOS devices act as a standalone photo album as well, a easy notch or two better than the native photo album. The animated 3D interface is neat and resembles that of the Windows Mobile 7. Check out the 3D interface in the video below.
- View your photos in full resolution, no compressing, no quality losing.(*)
- Very fast import photos and videos from camera roll, start organize your thousands of photos from now on!
- Import HD videos without any quality losing.
- View your photos in camera roll directly, it’s also treat as an album in App.
- Add, delete, order albums, edit album name and properties. Move, delete photos and videos.
- 4 Desktops. Organize your albums into different desktop, and you can lock the desktop instead of lock albums.
- WiFi downloading and uploading, access photos and videos in all albums including camera roll.
- Accept ZIP packet for uploading, you can upload hundreds of photos by one click! Progress indicator displayed on your device while uploading.
- Synchronously display in web browser, all your changes made on your device would update to web browser automatically.
- Photos and Videos filter inside the App and also provide for web browser, find videos much easier.
- Passcode protection for locked albums and admin operations.
- Native iPad support, now Pics is a universal App.
- P2P Transfer. Transfer photos/videos to another iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with WiFi or Bluetooth connection.
- AlbumSync with p2p transfer. Compare albums on two different devices and send photos not exist in remote album by one tap. if album not exist, Pics would create a new album on remote device to receive all photos. Your AlbumStyle settings would also be applied to remote album.
- Complete retina display support…. and more.
For those who doesn’t want to spend money on any apps, there’s a free native solution which is direct importing to iPhoto upon connecting the USB cable to the iOS device (from eHow).
Procedures as follows -
- Launch the iPhoto application on your Mac computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using an iPhone USB cable.
- Highlight the name of your iPhone from the “Devices” list on the left side of the iPhoto window. You will now see thumbnails for the images stored on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Import All” button to transfer all of your iPhone pictures in your iPhoto library, or highlight specific images and click “Import Selected.”
- Wait for iPhoto to finish importing the pictures from your iPhone and then choose whether you want to delete the images on the phone.
- Click on the eject symbol next to the name of your iPhone, and then disconnect it from the computer.
No comments yet.