According to TNW (The Next Web), Apple announced today that the 21-inch iMac will be available starting 30 November 2012 and the 27-inch will be ready to ship some time in December, still no fixed date yet. The new iMac will offer the option of a Fusion Drive, a hybrid of a SSD together with a normal hard drive, this and the much thinner form factor is the selling point of this 8th generation of iMac.
Let’s hope the 27-inch iMac will be ready to ship before Christmas as my three year old 27-inch iMac is long dued for retirement.
Source – TNW
According to the guys over at Business Insider who got the sources from Fortune, Apple’s iOS6 is launching in half hour. Go grab your coffee and prepare for the download.
Source – Business Insider
Pulse, an awsome iOS and Android news app, finally launched their web app. You can now log into your accounts on the web and get all your accounts in sync. Check out the video below. The video shows the Pulse on the Windows 8 platform, pretty slick right?
Source – Internet Explorer
Over 2,100 full-content newspapers from 95 countries in 54 languages in just one app!
Now optimized for iPad Retina Display and available with instant translation in up to 12 languages, PressReader 3.1 takes newspaper and magazine reading to a whole new level.
★ “The PressReader app from NewspaperDirect is second-to-none for newspaper reading.” Gregg Ellman, Technology Columnist for McClatchy/Tribune
★ “PressReader offers a more traditional newspaper-reading experience than any other iPad app.” Rick Broida, C NET
If you’re looking for the ultimate reading experience for your favorite newspapers and magazines, then you have to try PressReader 3.1. With its SmartFlow content presentation design, PressReader is without a doubt the most engaging, feature-rich and entertaining newspaper and magazine reading application you’ll ever use.
Browse and read full digital replicas of thousands of newspapers and magazines from 95 countries just like you would in print. Or journey through the attention-grabbing SmartFlow stream of articles where visual clues will not only enhance your reading experience, they will reveal new gems of content you’ll be delighted to discover.
PressReader 3.1 is rich with features, including:
✓ Auto-delivery of your favorite publications
✓ Attention-grabbing SmartFlow stream
✓ Printing full pages or articles
✓ Sharing stories by email or on Facebook or Twitter
✓ Saving articles to Evernote or Instapaper
✓ Listening to articles using on-demand audio
✓ Copying & pasting entire articles into note taking applications
✓ Sharing your opinion by supporting or opposing a story
✓ Adjusting font size and type
✓ Automatically aligning with the beginning of an article using the option SmartZoom feature
✓ Cross title search
✓ Authorization of PressReader with a PressDisplay.com subscription
What’s new in 3.1:
✓ Full Retina Display optimization for iPad 3
✓ Instant translations of full publications in up to 12 languages
✓ Auto-translation of all publications into a specific language with the ability to specify exceptions
✓ Saving articles to Evernote and Instapaper
Source – PressReader
April 11, 2012 Posted by hongkongphooey | Apple, Applications, iPad, iPad2, News Related, Video | Apple, Applications, iOS Applications, iPad, Newspaper, PressReader, PressReader 3.1, Video | Leave a comment
From Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim, “The Road We’ve Traveled” narrated by Tom Hanks is a 17-minute long campaign video by the Obama’s democratic party. This film gives an inside look at some of the tough calls President Obama made to get his country back on track. Featuring interviews from President Bill Clinton, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Elizabeth Warren, David Axelrod, Austan Goolsbee, and more.
Source – BarackObama.com
WHO IS JOSEPH KONY?
JOSEPH KONY IS THE WORLD’S WORST WAR CRIMINAL. IN 1987 HE TOOK OVER LEADERSHIP OF AN EXISTING REBEL GROUP AND RENAMED IT THE LORD’S RESISTANCE ARMY (LRA).
THE LRA HAS EARNED A REPUTATION FOR ITS CRUEL AND BRUTAL TACTICS. WHEN JOSEPH KONY FOUND HIMSELF RUNNING OUT OF FIGHTERS, HE STARTED ABDUCTING CHILDREN TO BE SOLDIERS IN HIS ARMY OR “WIVES” FOR HIS OFFICERS. THE LRA IS ENCOURAGED TO RAPE, MUTILATE, AND KILL CIVILIANS–OFTEN WITH BLUNT WEAPONS.
THE LRA IS NO LONGER ACTIVE IN NORTHERN UGANDA (WHERE IT ORIGINATED) BUT IT CONTINUES ITS CAMPAIGN OF VIOLENCE IN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, AND SOUTH SUDAN. IN ITS 26-YEAR HISTORY, THE LRA HAS ABDUCTED MORE THAN 30,000 CHILDREN AND DISPLACED AT LEAST 2.1 MILLION PEOPLE.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF KONY 2012?
INVISIBLE CHILDREN HAS BEEN WORKING FOR 9 YEARS TO END AFRICA’S LONGEST-RUNNING ARMED CONFLICT. U.S. MILITARY ADVISERS ARE CURRENTLY DEPLOYED IN CENTRAL AFRICA ON A “TIME-LIMITED” MISSION TO STOP KONY AND DISARM THE LRA. IF KONY ISN’T CAPTURED THIS YEAR, THE WINDOW WILL BE GONE.
WE ARE TAKING ACTION TO ENSURE THESE TWO THINGS:
1) THAT JOSEPH KONY IS KNOWN AS THE WORLD’S WORST WAR CRIMINAL.
2) THAT THE U.S. MILITARY ADVISERS SUPPORT THE UGANDAN ARMY UNTIL KONY HAS BEEN CAPTURED AND THE LRA HAS BEEN COMPLETELY DISARMED. THEY NEED TO FOLLOW THROUGH ALL THE WAY AND FINISH WHAT THEY HAVE STARTED.
WHY ARE WE MAKING JOSEPH KONY “FAMOUS”?
INVISIBLE CHILDREN’S KONY 2012 CAMPAIGN AIMS TO MAKE JOSEPH KONY FAMOUS, NOT TO CELEBRATE HIM, BUT TO RAISE SUPPORT FOR HIS ARREST AND SET A PRECEDENT FOR INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE. IN THIS CASE, NOTORIETY TRANSLATES TO PUBLIC SUPPORT. IF PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE CRIMES THAT KONY HAS BEEN COMMITTING FOR 26 YEARS, THEY WILL UNITE TO STOP HIM.
SECONDLY, WE WANT KONY TO BE FAMOUS SO THAT WHEN HE IS STOPPED, HE WILL BE A VISIBLE, CONCRETE EXAMPLE OF INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE. THEN OTHER WAR CRIMINALS WILL KNOW THAT THEIR MASS ATROCITIES WILL NOT GO UNNOTICED OR UNPUNISHED.
Source – KONY2012
March 10, 2012 Posted by hongkongphooey | Blogroll, Event, News Related, Social Networking, Video | democratic republic of congo, Joseph Kony, kony2012, mass atrocities, News, Politics, Video, YouTube | Leave a comment
“No one could have known that when a Tunisian fruit vendor set himself on fire in a public square, it would incite protests that would topple dictators and start a global wave of dissent,” the magazine writes. “In 2011, protesters didn’t just voice their complaints; they changed the world.”
Over the past year, “the protester” has voiced dissent against authoritarian leaders, first in Tunisia, and then in Egypt, Libya, Syria,Yemen and Bahrain. The protester in Spain and in Greece, which even had its own protest dog, struggled with a floundering economy. The protester voiced anger over possibly rigged elections, in countries as diverse as Russia and the Democratic Republic of Congo. In the U.S., the Occupy Wall Street protester began demonstrating first in New York, and then in Washington, Chicago, and cities as small as Trenton, N.J.
In this year’s report, Time pieced together what all these revolutions have in common, why they protest, and what the legacy of the year’s protests will be. The magazine profiles a citizen journalist who started the live stream for Occupy Wall Street from Zuccotti Park, and aprotester in Mexico who has had enough of the drug violence in that country.
The video of the making of the portrait pictures was released earlier this month, let’s thake a look at how these wonderful pictures were taken and explore what goes behind the minds of the photographers.
First posted on PASM Workshop, 29 January 2012
Finally got my seat reserved, thanks to the guys from UPS for the hospitality. I’m all psyched.
Will be blogging from the Opening Session tomorrow night.
Source – AsiaD
CNET Asia Community Blog Entry – Signs of iPhone 5 Coming – iPhone 4 Prices Drop, iPhone 3GS Supplies Tightens
My new entry over at CNET Asia Community Blog is up. This week’s entry, “Signs of iPhone 5 coming – iPhone 4 prices drop, iPhone 3GS supplies tightens“. Click here for the full read.
According to Nikon Rumors, Nikon scheduled a press event on 24 August 2011 possibly to announce their new product(s). Could it be the D4? D800? or the new D400? No word yet but guess we’ll be hearing more along the way. Stay tuned.
First published on PASM Workshop on 26 July 2011
9TO5Mac reported that works for the Apple New Store in Hong Kong has commenced at the International Finance Centre, right downtown in Central, Hong Kong. The new Apple Store takes up close to 20 shop areas according to the report and gee, they suspect it is the most expensive Apple Store (rent wise) to date. Head over to the story for more details, link here.
Source – 9TO5Mac
This just in. Samsung just announced the 7″ Galaxy Tab 16GB WiFi version for US$349 and Hong Kong list price is officially set at HK$2,988.
This comes ahead of Apple’s iPad 2 launch in Hong Kong. For those who bought the 3G+WiFi version a while back, hmm…. I know how you all feel. With the Personal Hotspot available on the iPhone, who needs 3G on the tablet really. For those who want to get their hands on the Galaxy Tab, now’s the great chance with this new WiFi version.
According to Samsung, we should expect local availability after the official U.S. launch on 10 April 2011, probably towards the end of the month.
- How to Install Windows XP on the HP 2133 Mini-Note
- 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 16GB WiFi Version now HK$2,988 Only
- Skype on Facebook !
- Reservation for iPad in HK Now Live
- Apple iPhone 5 Online Reservation is Live for Hong Kong
- First Look Video - HTC Magic Google Android Phone
- A Look At The Nifty MiniDrive - Alternate Storage for Your MacBook Air/Pro?
- Phooey Pics - 58mm Fish Eye Lens for My Panasonic Lumix LX3
- Shame On You - Philipp Plein
- iPhone 4S and iCloud Wrap Up Videos
- 1,905,580 hits on me
Count Your Days
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
Badges – Misc
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
My Twitter Info
- #Apple to unveil 27-inch Retina #iMac this week, initial #iPad Air 2 supplies may be limited zite.to/1w6EmIM... 1 week ago
- New Android Update may be Called Licorice zite.to/1p5hFAA... 1 week ago
- RT @webwednesday: Tonight! Revolutionary peer-to-peer app, @firechat, speaks about its role in #occupycentral at @orangepeelhk join us: htt…... 2 weeks ago
- I received a peer recognition @Viewbug viewbug.com/photo/17242931 #photocontest... 3 weeks ago
- I just finished day 292 of the @YouVersion Plan Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional. C… bible.com/r/3D.4i... 4 weeks ago
- Help Decide Which Size iPhone 6 to Buy with This Printable Guide zite.to/1rWUMG8... 1 month ago
- I just finished day 364 of Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional Bible reading plan at Y… bible.com/r/3D.5s... 1 month ago
- #Facebook releases its Privacy Checkup tool for helping users review who they’re sharing with zite.to/1qAs1ep... 1 month ago
- I just finished day 365 of Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional Bible reading plan at Y… bible.com/r/3D.5t... 1 month ago
- Fully assembled 4.7″ iPhone 6 zite.to/1snt80x... 2 months ago
- #Android L to Be Called Lemon Meringue Pie After All? zite.to/VJip65... 2 months ago
- 20 #Google Now tips every Android user should know zite.to/1tB72sh... 2 months ago
- I just finished day 356 of Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional Bible reading plan at Y… bible.com/r/3D.5k... 2 months ago
- I just finished day 353 of Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional Bible reading plan at Y… bible.com/r/3D.5h... 2 months ago
- #Apple Pays Tribute to Robin Williams zite.to/1oIYECg... 2 months ago
- I just finished day 346 of Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional Bible reading plan at Y… bible.com/r/3D.5a... 2 months ago
- #Apple Inc. To Launch #iPhone 6 on October 14 zite.to/1nREn26... 2 months ago
- I just finished day 342 of Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional Bible reading plan at Y… bible.com/r/3D.5W... 2 months ago
- #Instagram quietly (and slowly) launches Snapchat rival, Bolt zite.to/1nFRIum... 2 months ago
- #OneNote makes its way to Amazon Android devices zite.to/1tLYdfB... 3 months ago