Pic from Gizmodo
[15 June] The Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 for UMPC is finally here for you to download.
Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 contains these four programs for an ultra-Mobile PC (UMPC) running Windows Vista:
- Origami Central
Central gives you instant access to all your media, programs, and the Internet, with the touch of a finger.
- Origami Now
Now gives you one-touch access to the most important information at any given time and place.
- Origami Picture Password
With a Picture Password, you can log on to Windows and unlock your computer by tapping a sequence of targets on a picture, instead of typing a password.
- Touch Settings
Touch Settings combines several settings in Windows Vista into one place to make it easier to customize a touch screen.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Ultimate
- Minimum 100 MB of available hard disk space
- Minimum 1 GB of system memory
- Touch panel display (required for Origami Picture Password)
The UMPC must have the following software installed: -
- Windows Internet Explorer 7. Origami Experience 2.0 requires Internet Explorer 7 for its RSS platform.
- Windows Media Player 11. Origami Central requires Windows Media Player 11 in order to manage and play media.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. The calendar tile in Origami Now works only with Office Outlook 2007 Calendar. The mail tile in Origami Now works with Office Outlook 2007 Mail and Windows Mail.
- The Windows update available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932406 . This update is highly recommended if you use the mail tile in Origami Now with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 is distributed in nine languages. Each language version can be installed only on the corresponding language version of Windows Vista. For example, the French language version of Origami Experience 2.0 must be installed on the French language version of Windows Vista. However, any language version of Origami Experience 2.0 can be installed on the English language version of Windows Vista.
For detail download instruction, head over to Microsoft download page here.
[Updated - 17 June 2008] jkkmobile have the video review out on the Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0, enjoy.
Source – jkkmobile
Pic from pocketables
pocketables posted a thorough write-up on the new version of Microsoft Origami 2.0 which features application such as the Origami Central, Origami Now and Touch Settings. Although there had been quite some flaws to the design to the HTC Shift, the write-up on the first look to the Microsoft Origami 2.0 is definitely worth the read. Link to article here.
Source – pocketables