Apple WWDC in a Wrap
Think everyone is all settled after the keynote and think it’s time to wrap things up for the three major areas and thanks to TUAW who compiled the housekeeping list.
Mac OSX Lion
- Lion will be available in July, and it only costs US$29.99 for all your devices.
- Lion will only be available through the Mac App Store.
- If you have a desktop Mac, now’s a good time to go get a Magic Trackpad to take good use of the new Mission Control feature.
- Mac OS X is taking some design cues from iOS with Launchpad and new Mail design
- Saving and backing up files will be easier than ever.
- iCloud replaces MobileMe and is now FREE.
- iCloud wirelessly syncs data across all your devices.
- Photo Stream makes syncing recent photos manually a thing of the past, pics gets synced across different devices.
- iTunes Music purchases now appear everywhere via the iCloud sync.
- PC Free – no more cables needed to hook up to iTunes for updates, now done via WiFi
- Photography – the mapping of the Home button, by double tapping will now immediately launch the Camera app and with the Camera app loaded, a quick press of the “volume up” button will take the pic
- Notifications – like the Android phones, notifications now appear in an ordered list in a special screen which you access at any time by swiping down from the top bar
- Twitter – Photos and Camera app will allow you to post images and video to your Twitter stream and Youtube and Safari will post a links to the page or video you are currently viewing
- iMessage – iMessage is the Messages app crossed with an instant messaging client crossed with a group messaging app.
- Reminder – hmm…. need to find out more on this one.
No comments yet.