Postbox 2 Upgraded to 2.5 – Looks WOW
Postbox, the true alternative to the native emails apps, just got a facelift and I mean a facelift. This upgrade to version 2.5 is no minor tweaking here and there but more like an overhaul to its UI. New features includes –
- Fast 64-bit Support for Mac OS X – On the Mac, Postbox 2.5 is now running in 64-bit mode, which translates to faster startup, snappier interface elements, and quicker message loading.
- Vertical Thread Pane View – Postbox now supports a double-row Vertical Thread Pane View, which makes more efficient use of widescreen displays.
- Improved Vertical view
- Improved compose window
- Inline quick reply
- Enhanced font size controls
- Improved message view
- Improved unread indicators in folder and focus pane
- Added support for Redirect via the Message menu and toolbar button (you must add the toolbar button through the Customize Toolbar function).
- Added a toolbar icon to open and close the Inspector.
- Use Spotlight search to find messages by Topic keywords
- IMAP support for Yahoo! Mail
- Improved migration and account setup wizard on Mac OS X.
- Improve UI for add-ons manager, account setup wizards for RSS and Newsgroups on Mac OS X.
- Moved Search Options Panel button to within the Search Bar on Mac OS X.
- Attachment size should be visible in compose window
- Simplified “Insert Link” dialog in message compose and much more…
Been using the Postbox on both Mac and Windows and am loving it….well…. will check out Lion’s new Mail app too and see how they sized up. For now, I can say that the US$19.95 price tag is well worth it.
Source – Postbox
No comments yet.