Good tip from Business Insider on how to update your Facebook status with Twitter, sure save a lot of time ob double posting for those heavy FB and Twitter users.
[Update: link fixed]
Source – Business Insider
Read on as TechCrunch’s article “Facebook Launches Skype-Powered Video Calling“, gives us a pretty good idea of what’s it all about. What’s your call on this one?
The next Web Wednesday meet is this coming Wednesday, 5 May, at Volar, Basement, 38-44 D’Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong.
This week, Web Wesnesdat will be featuring an interview with Trevor Johnson, Head of Planning & Strategy, Emerging Markets for Facebook. Trevor has flown in from London to be part of Social Media Week (http://socialmediaweek.org/hongkong/) and is keen to meet with the local Hong Kong Digerati. Given all the recent developments at Facebook – Places, Deals, new Asian ad sales team – there will be plenty to talk about so do join us on Wednesday 9th February, 2011 (usual place, usual time).
The event will start at 6:30pm and wind up around 9:30pm, with the talk/interview starting at 7:15pm.
As per usual, there’s a HK$100 entrance fee, including one complimentary drink and the chance to win lucky draw prizes.
Source : Web Wednesday Hong Kong
Like the redesign? me…. NO.
Source – stoicboy
Source – Google
Just installed mine and loving the all new interface. One thing though, for a lot of us, the new update won’t show up on the Applications Update Page on the App Store, so the best way to work around it is to go to App Store and download it as a new app. Since it’s a free app, there should not be a problem. Just install it over the old version and you’re done. Enjoy.
For more details on the newest version of Facebook for iPhone 3.0, check out TechCrunch’s article, Facebook 3.0 May Be The Most Useful App On The iPhone Yet.
Time for some boring news regarding Li Ka-Shing and Facebook, source from Reuters.
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Social networking site Facebook has closed a second $60 million investment round with Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-shing through his foundation, a source familiar with the deal confirmed on Thursday.
The source said the deal, which boosts Li’s holdings in Facebook to $120 million, including an earlier $60 million round late last year, is valued on the same $15 billion terms as a $240 million stake Microsoft took in October.
Li’s investment was made by the Li Ka Shing Foundation. Li-backed companies such as Hutchison Whampoa Ltd and TOM Group were not involved, the source said.
The stake boosts Li’s holdings to a 0.8 percent share of Facebook while Microsoft’s holds another 1.6 percent.
A Facebook spokesman declined to comment on Li’s stake.
MarketWatch broke details of the story earlier out of Hong Kong, quoting Li as saying “I may raise my investment in Facebook — anything is possible” during an earnings conference call for his company Hutchison Whampoa. But the report did not detail the scope of his investment.
Founded in 1980, the Li Ka Shing Foundation has focused on funding a variety of health, education and environmental projects in recent years.
In prior rounds dating back to 2004, Facebook has taken about $40.7 million from venture capital investors including PayPal co-founder and former CEO Peter Thiel along with Accel Partners, Greylock Partners and Meritech Capital Partners.
Source – Reuters
- Spike's theory on Thai massage
- Photo Blog - UX27GN vs Fujitsu U1010 vs Fujitsu U2010
- Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Portrait Shots
- CNET Asia Community Blog Entry - iPhone Clone - Mini iPhone m888a
- Sid Meier's Railroads For Mac Is Here
- New iPad Mini TV Commercials on iBooks and iPhoto
- Apple iTunes 11 Launching Today?
- Apple Product 2013 Pipeline
- 1,930,861 hits on me
Count Your Days
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
Badges – Misc
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
My Twitter Info
- Hello all, Isaac here again. As some of you know, it's less than a week until the one-year mark since dad has... fb.me/7AvvBngSb... 2 months ago
- Isaac here again, everyone. Hope everyone has had a good CNY and is ready to bring in this new year! Lets also... fb.me/4ch84AjVG... 2 months ago
- Hello all, Isaac here again. This year I've decided to participate in the St. Baldricks shave for the second... fb.me/8mL4wT4v5... 4 months ago
- Dear all, Isaac here, Victor's eldest checking in on life with all of dad's friends, coworkers and whatnot. The... fb.me/7RjhaPInV... 6 months ago
- CloudReady turns your old (or new) computer into a Chromebook androidauthority.com/cloudready-tur…... 1 year ago
- Do We Have A Way Out??? .....this going out to my C.E., C Y Leung #hongkong #hksar #paradi… ift.tt/1TgFLtK https://t.co/2zRUS9tNmE... 1 year ago
- Improving Startup Time in the NYTimes Android App #Android #NYTimes flip.it/W_frS... 1 year ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. ift.tt/20YSwvM https://t.co/7nOWiPFZ3v... 1 year ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. @ 周記油渣麪 instagram.com/p/BBrVEuECaro/... 1 year ago
- Facebook Messenger may soon get some new features including one potential game-changer #Facebook flip.it/D1O.I... 1 year ago
- 11 alternative uses for an old smartphone or tablet t3.com/news/11-altern…... 1 year ago
- Don’t forget anything with Remember the Milk’s overhauled app tnw.to/z0084 via @thenextweb... 1 year ago
- This is how Microsoft wants you to watch football in the future....awesome #Microsoft flip.it/f-9vw... 1 year ago
- Have you checked out Chrome’s Material Design makeover yet? Here’s how to do it androidauthority.com/chrome-browser… #Chrome... 1 year ago
- Amazon’s first Super Bowl ad has Alec Baldwin talking to Alexa #Amazon #SuperBowl #AlecBaldwin flip.it/yBp23... 1 year ago
- Hands-on with Reddit’s new official Android app in beta #Reddit #Android flip.it/DX3Jp... 1 year ago
- Samsung Galaxy S7 rumors point to a March 11 release date: Googlicious #Samsung #GalaxyS7 flip.it/I7v8-... 1 year ago
- Kickstarter finally launches an official app on Android #Kickstarter #Android flip.it/nfPiJ... 1 year ago
- North Korea Claims to Have Invented Hangover-Free Alcohol....now this makes sense..... flip.it/BeXSL... 1 year ago
- Woot....signed up for the 2:7 Growth Discipleship Workshop.....year long..... now off to S… ift.tt/1QeBkPx https://t.co/5lpw2O9Jvt... 1 year ago
Site infoHong Kong Tech Phooey
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.