For those readers who’s pretty much as old as I am, I’m sure you remember Sid Meier’s Railroad Tycoon back in 1990. The latest edition, Sid Meier’s Railroads (US$30) is a business simulation game developed by Sid Meier on the Gamebryo game engine that was released in October 2006 and is the sequel to Railroad Tycoon 3 according to Wiki and is now on the Mac. It’s not on the App Store yet but you can get it at Feral Interactive’s website, link here. Check out the trailer below.
Source: Feral Interactive
August 26, 2012 Posted by hongkongphooey | Apple, Applications, Gaming, Gaming Related, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Video | Application, Game, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Trigger Fist, Video | Leave a comment
Angry Birds Space Free features 10 interstellar levels on planets and in zero gravity, resulting in spectacular gameplay ranging from slow-motion puzzles to lightspeed destruction. With brand new birds, brand new superpowers, and a whole galaxy to explore, the sky is no longer the limit!
• 10 interstellar levels!
• Free updates!
• Brand new birds!
• Brand new superpowers!
• Zero-gravity space adventures!
• Trick shots using planets’ gravity!
• Beautifully detailed backgrounds!
For an ad-free universe filled with amazing levels, upgrade to Angry Birds Space or Angry Birds Space HD!
This free version of Angry Birds contains third party advertisements. You can get it here.
June 23, 2012 Posted by hongkongphooey | Applications, Gaming, Gaming Related, iOS 4, iOS 5, iPad, iPad2, iPad3, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iTunes | Angry Birds HD, Applications, Game, iOS Applications, iPad, iPhone | Leave a comment
For generations, the knowledge of firedust and the legend of the Thousand Sun Weapon have kept the Autumn Empire safe from foreign barbarians. But now, the government is weak and her officials corrupt. Masked subversives lead the peasants in righteous revolt, seeking to seize the secrets of Empire. As civil war threatens to tear the land asunder, will you take up the sword and stand on mountains to mend the sky? The traditional Chinese painting becomes an epic battlefield in Autumn Dynasty – a revolutionary new Real Time Strategy game designed from the ground up for the iPad.
Paint your battle plans directly onto the map and command your armies using simple gestures: employ terrain, positioning and cunning stratagems to defend your lands and conquer your foes!
Get it now, link here.
Hmm…SIms going Medieval…interesting. Think they install the make babies segment in this edition? According to EA, it’s still the same voyeuristic stimulation but in the medieval setting. US49.95 is a bit steep for voyeur, what’s your take?
Sims, the one gaming dynasty that won’t give in, and EA delivers in the newest Sim game, Sims 3. Will this game live up to it’s predecessor’s reputation, or will it be a most likely forgotten chapter in the history of the Sims?
One positive note in this game is the newly improved neighborhood mode, where players can just zoom in and out of their houses and into the new neighborhood view, without tolerating long transition screens when the Sims move from one building to another. This function also allows more versatility in movement for Sims since with the open roads and bird-eye view mode, the car rides just seem a lot more interesting. The lots in the game also seem more blended into the environment, where in Sims 2 each house was like an isolated area from each family this game offers more freedom in relation to the transition from house to neighborhood.
Another positive thing about the game is maintaining most of the features from Sims 2 but introduce them in a completely different style. Careers in Sims 2 were just drive to work, work, end of work. Now in Sims 3, you have more sub-choices to choose during your work time, such as slacking off, meeting your co-workers and the good-old suck up to the boss. Another concept greatly introduced is the relationships bars for making friends. In Sims 2, you could literally make someone go from an acquaintance to being your best friend in 1 day in game time. Now the bar moves at a more steady rate, no more 10 day friendships.
The sexual content in this game has not changed much from the previous games. Kissing and such is kept at an appropriate level in the game, not much references in the game are made towards sexual content. Violence in the game is also kept the same, with no physical confrontation more than hidden fights and pokes.
The one thing that this game lacks is an attractive environment that would draw the user completely into the game. The graphics just aren’t that amazing, not the graphics that make you feel you are inside the game, right in the shoes of the very Sim you are controlling. Compared to the environment in the Sims 2 game, the graphics look a little more roughed than the skin and environment of the previous game.
Graphics: The graphical engine is Sims 3 is nothing to be amazed with, but with a game riding on this much reputation and expectations of an excellent Sim game, the graphics are a disappointment.
Gameplay: The new neighborhood mode keeps gameplay streamlined instead of enduring long loading screens. The gameplay now also allows more decisions to be made in the Sim’s lives, making the player feel more involved with their Sim’s lives than before.
Sexual/Violence content: For a Sim game, the Sims 3 offers no new progressions in romantic areas and the violence in the games are still just two Sims going at it in a big cloud of dust that covers everything.
New features: Sims 3 literally takes the old game and turns everything new and exotic by using the exact same features. The new relationship bars and the increased interaction with the Sims and outside environments feels as if the player is inside the screen.
Overall, this is an extraordinary game, one that is worthy to live up to the reputation of the “Sims” franchise, with every new generation bringing something new to the table. Needless to say, Sims 3 is the one that has truly shocked and awed.
Final Grade: A-
What does 6 years and 4 months means to you? For junlego, that’s how long for him to put together this 1/40 scale 6.6 metres (22 feet) long; 1 metre (3 feet) wide Battleship Yamato. Unbelievable, a total of 200,000 Lego elements altogether, weighing over 140 kg. Bravo.
Source – junlego
According to Engadget’s article, the group’s product manager said in an interview with Edge Online that “afflicted consoles should be nonexistent in the not so distant future and that they’ve “put the worst behind us on this.”
Well, great to hear that. My year-old Xbox 360 is going back for a return this week after getting that red ring. Great Microsoft Hong Kong offered a free exchange.
Source – Engadget
Pic from Gizmodo
It’s official, the all new Guitar Hero IV is announced and will be coming this fall. This time around, like Rock Band, Guitar Hero IV will be featuring a drum set and microphone as well. In addition, it also feature an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock and roll anthems, along with online Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands.”
This sounds real neat and I for one cannot wait for the release. For the time being, enjoy the trailer below.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
From our affiliates over at I4U, a hands-on review on the all new Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard. Think I may be ditching my Saitek Keyboard for this one and use it alongside my Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit, should be pretty awesome with all the extra macros button.
- Shame On You - Philipp Plein
- Mod of the Day - Big Trouble in Little China Sleeve
- Instadrop - Instant Sync Your Pics from Instagram to Dropbox
- 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 16GB WiFi Version now HK$2,988 Only
- Boot Speed Test - Fujitsu U1010 HDD vs SSD
- CNET Asia Community Blog Entry - iPhone Clone - Mini iPhone m888a
- My Wacom Intuos 3 6x11 Tablet is in DA House
- HTC Upgrade Touch Diamond English ROM and CE-Star
- First Look Video - Sony Vaio P Series
- 1,926,196 hits on me
Count Your Days
May 2016 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
Badges – Misc
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
My Twitter Info
- CloudReady turns your old (or new) computer into a Chromebook androidauthority.com/cloudready-tur…... 2 months ago
- Do We Have A Way Out??? .....this going out to my C.E., C Y Leung #hongkong #hksar #paradi… ift.tt/1TgFLtK https://t.co/2zRUS9tNmE... 2 months ago
- Improving Startup Time in the NYTimes Android App #Android #NYTimes flip.it/W_frS... 2 months ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. ift.tt/20YSwvM https://t.co/7nOWiPFZ3v... 2 months ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. @ 周記油渣麪 instagram.com/p/BBrVEuECaro/... 2 months ago
- Facebook Messenger may soon get some new features including one potential game-changer #Facebook flip.it/D1O.I... 2 months ago
- 11 alternative uses for an old smartphone or tablet t3.com/news/11-altern…... 2 months ago
- Don’t forget anything with Remember the Milk’s overhauled app tnw.to/z0084 via @thenextweb... 2 months ago
- This is how Microsoft wants you to watch football in the future....awesome #Microsoft flip.it/f-9vw... 3 months ago
- Have you checked out Chrome’s Material Design makeover yet? Here’s how to do it androidauthority.com/chrome-browser… #Chrome... 3 months ago
- Amazon’s first Super Bowl ad has Alec Baldwin talking to Alexa #Amazon #SuperBowl #AlecBaldwin flip.it/yBp23... 3 months ago
- Hands-on with Reddit’s new official Android app in beta #Reddit #Android flip.it/DX3Jp... 3 months ago
- Samsung Galaxy S7 rumors point to a March 11 release date: Googlicious #Samsung #GalaxyS7 flip.it/I7v8-... 3 months ago
- Kickstarter finally launches an official app on Android #Kickstarter #Android flip.it/nfPiJ... 3 months ago
- North Korea Claims to Have Invented Hangover-Free Alcohol....now this makes sense..... flip.it/BeXSL... 3 months ago
- Woot....signed up for the 2:7 Growth Discipleship Workshop.....year long..... now off to S… ift.tt/1QeBkPx https://t.co/5lpw2O9Jvt... 3 months ago
- Woot....signed up for the 2:7 Growth Discipleship Workshop.....year long..... now off to Sunday… instagram.com/p/BAoZBeKiagh/... 3 months ago
- RT @CNET: 7 new features coming to your iPhone and iPad with iOS 9.3 cnet.co/1n14BBy https://t.co/cM27kvwgUQ... 3 months ago
- How to use Pushbullet to become a notifications guru #Android flip.it/Tv4Ip... 3 months ago
- 4 Android Apps You Need to Uninstall from Your Smartphone Right Now #Android #Apps flip.it/JKLyi... 3 months ago