August 6, 2012 Posted by hongkongphooey | Applications, Blogroll, CNET, Social Media, Social Networking, Twitter, Video | Blogroll, CNET, CNET Asia, Slices for Twitter, Social Media, Twitter, Video | Leave a comment
This ain’t rocket science, why can’t someone come up with this a lot sooner.
Source – iDownloadBlog
StartupsHK, Hong Kong’s Tech Startup Community us having their spring mixer next Thursday night. They will be having some startups from Silicon Valley in town attending the event, a great chance to network, share stories, talk to angels, find co-founders and have a drink with the startup community that has grown so massively in Hong Kong and was featured in TimeOut magazine recently. Check it out if you’re interested in startups.
For more information, check out the StartupsHK blog site here.
Source – StartupsHK
Last week, Guy Kawasaki did a 90-minutes long sit down interview with Chase Jarvis on Chase Jarvis Live to discuss new technology and how the publishing world has changed for the better. As a tech world junkie, being able to listen to the internet guru, Apple evangelist, well-known blogger, venture capitalist, best-seller author (11 books?)….and the list goes on, for 90 minutes is indeed an awesome trip. Enjoy the video.
Source – Chase Jarvis
This week TweetDeck released version 1.3. The new version features all new list management, interactive columns, activity column, media previews and the new editing and retweet function which replaced the quote retweet function.
Source – TweetDeck
The next Web Wednesday meet is this coming Wednesday, 14 March 2012, at Bisous Hong Kong, 9th Floor, LKF Tower, 33 Wyndham Street, 0000 Central District, Hong Kong.
A regular and vocal member of the Web Wednesday audience, Peter Dingle will be sharing the future of computing, be it tablets, ultra-thin laptops, brain plug-ins or holographic touch screens. Peter is the Interactive Marketing Manager for Intel in APAC so has plenty of great and inside-out stories to share.
Check out Intel’s latest creative move, “Pop-Up Theatre” – 60 Ultrabooks, choreographed to create the first human digital billboard: http://popuptheater.intel.com/
As per usual, there’s a HK$100 entrance fee, which includes one complimentary drink, an enlightening talk, high-quality networking and the chance to win lucky draw prizes.
The event will start at 6:30pm and wind up around 9:30pm, with the talk/interview starting at 7:15pm.
Source : Web Wednesday Hong Kong
Good tip from Business Insider on how to update your Facebook status with Twitter, sure save a lot of time ob double posting for those heavy FB and Twitter users.
[Update: link fixed]
Source – Business Insider
WHO IS JOSEPH KONY?
JOSEPH KONY IS THE WORLD’S WORST WAR CRIMINAL. IN 1987 HE TOOK OVER LEADERSHIP OF AN EXISTING REBEL GROUP AND RENAMED IT THE LORD’S RESISTANCE ARMY (LRA).
THE LRA HAS EARNED A REPUTATION FOR ITS CRUEL AND BRUTAL TACTICS. WHEN JOSEPH KONY FOUND HIMSELF RUNNING OUT OF FIGHTERS, HE STARTED ABDUCTING CHILDREN TO BE SOLDIERS IN HIS ARMY OR “WIVES” FOR HIS OFFICERS. THE LRA IS ENCOURAGED TO RAPE, MUTILATE, AND KILL CIVILIANS–OFTEN WITH BLUNT WEAPONS.
THE LRA IS NO LONGER ACTIVE IN NORTHERN UGANDA (WHERE IT ORIGINATED) BUT IT CONTINUES ITS CAMPAIGN OF VIOLENCE IN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, AND SOUTH SUDAN. IN ITS 26-YEAR HISTORY, THE LRA HAS ABDUCTED MORE THAN 30,000 CHILDREN AND DISPLACED AT LEAST 2.1 MILLION PEOPLE.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF KONY 2012?
INVISIBLE CHILDREN HAS BEEN WORKING FOR 9 YEARS TO END AFRICA’S LONGEST-RUNNING ARMED CONFLICT. U.S. MILITARY ADVISERS ARE CURRENTLY DEPLOYED IN CENTRAL AFRICA ON A “TIME-LIMITED” MISSION TO STOP KONY AND DISARM THE LRA. IF KONY ISN’T CAPTURED THIS YEAR, THE WINDOW WILL BE GONE.
WE ARE TAKING ACTION TO ENSURE THESE TWO THINGS:
1) THAT JOSEPH KONY IS KNOWN AS THE WORLD’S WORST WAR CRIMINAL.
2) THAT THE U.S. MILITARY ADVISERS SUPPORT THE UGANDAN ARMY UNTIL KONY HAS BEEN CAPTURED AND THE LRA HAS BEEN COMPLETELY DISARMED. THEY NEED TO FOLLOW THROUGH ALL THE WAY AND FINISH WHAT THEY HAVE STARTED.
WHY ARE WE MAKING JOSEPH KONY “FAMOUS”?
INVISIBLE CHILDREN’S KONY 2012 CAMPAIGN AIMS TO MAKE JOSEPH KONY FAMOUS, NOT TO CELEBRATE HIM, BUT TO RAISE SUPPORT FOR HIS ARREST AND SET A PRECEDENT FOR INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE. IN THIS CASE, NOTORIETY TRANSLATES TO PUBLIC SUPPORT. IF PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE CRIMES THAT KONY HAS BEEN COMMITTING FOR 26 YEARS, THEY WILL UNITE TO STOP HIM.
SECONDLY, WE WANT KONY TO BE FAMOUS SO THAT WHEN HE IS STOPPED, HE WILL BE A VISIBLE, CONCRETE EXAMPLE OF INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE. THEN OTHER WAR CRIMINALS WILL KNOW THAT THEIR MASS ATROCITIES WILL NOT GO UNNOTICED OR UNPUNISHED.
Source – KONY2012
March 10, 2012 Posted by hongkongphooey | Blogroll, Event, News Related, Social Networking, Video | democratic republic of congo, Joseph Kony, kony2012, mass atrocities, News, Politics, Video, YouTube | Leave a comment
Wondering what’s trending on Twitter these days? are you a heavy Twitter user like myself? Check out this infographic survey result and see whether it matches any of your traits. This survey was conducted online via social networks from August 12 to August 15, 2011 among 500 social media users who have Twitter accounts by the guys over at lab42. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, please contact lab42 at email@example.com.
Source – lab42
Something we all need, a great roadmap for Google+ Circles. I found ten that I can follow suit. Thanks buddy Casey Lau for this tweet.
Source – Not Safe For Work
W52 and enthusiasts of Foursquare users in Hong Kong will be teaming up to host Hong Kong’s Foursquare Day event at W52 bar on April 16th, 2011. Every year on 16/4, users of the most popular location based application Foursquare come together at “Foursquare Day” events (4 squared = 16, hence 16/4!) all over the world to socialize, meet each other in person and to just generally have fun participating in one of the biggest global parties in the world. Each user showing up and checking in contributes to the spirit of Foursquare, and it is in essence a huge social experiment to observe and appreciate the strength and draw of a social mobile platform.
We will be organizing the only large scale Foursquare day event in Hong Kong to provide a platform for Hong Kong Foursquare users to meet up, network and be inspired by each other! Apart from having our venue generously sponsored by W52 Restaurant and Bar, we will be having numerous activities throughout the night including (but not limited to!):
1. The SWARM – Yes, we’re all here for the swarm badge! And what’s better than meeting and greeting all the cool guys and girls in your swarm in a non-awkward fashion?
2. Bangin’ Check-in – Get yourself a free drink when you check-in at W52 for the event. After that, it’s happy hour until 9! Perhaps it’s also time for…
3. 20, 30, 40 – You don’t want to know what this is. Or do you? It’s not for the faint-hearted that’s for sure! [Hint: alcohol will be involved]
You won’t need to pay an entrance fee to any of the activities involved – so just save the date, come along and check in – celebrate Foursquare Day with us in style!
Facebook Event Page: http://on.fb.me/fK3iTE
Meetups.com Community: http://bit.ly/fKtuh5
The Foursquare Day Story: http://blog.4sqday.com/about/
The next Web Wednesday meet is this coming Wednesday, 13 April, at Volar, Basement, 38-44 D’Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong.
This week, Web Wesnesdat will be featuring an interview with Jean-Jacques Verdun, Founder of deltabridges.com, Macau After Work and co-organiser of the Beishan Jazz Festival.
The event will start at 6:30pm and wind up around 9:30pm, with the talk/interview starting at 7:15pm.
As per usual, there’s a HK$100 entrance fee, including one complimentary drink and the chance to win lucky draw prizes.
Source : Web Wednesday Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Web Analytics is a group founded by Kenneth Kwok. It’s aim is to provide a platform to share and discuss the new digital era. According to their website info, it says that “no matter who you are or how you relate to the web. By applying web / data driven analysis will open up a new dimension and approach compare to the traditional methodologies”.
Like Web Wednesday Hong Kong, it is a group that meets regularly and features speaker at each of their events.
This month they have invited Martin Randall to talk about Dynamic Data Tracking. Martin is CEO of Teamwork Communications Ltd., a company that uses customer insights & data metrics to deliver highly relevant and targeted customer activation programs.
For booking information, click this link Book Now!
Date: 30th March, 2011
Time: 19:00 – 22:00
Speaker: Martin Randall
Topic: Data Rules! How Dynamic Data Can Drive Success, Improve ROI and Deliver a Better Customer Experience
- 19:00 – 19:30 Reception Open
- 19:30 – 19:45 Welcome Speech & Update
- 19:45 – 20:45 Data Rules! How Dynamic Data Can Drive Success, Improve ROI and Deliver a Better Customer Experience
- 20:45 – 21:15 Questions & Answer
- 21:15 – 22:00 Networking
MRM Worldwide Hong Kong
14/F Sunning Plaza, 10 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay
Tel: 9868 2110
Free Entry (30 Seats Available)
March 27, 2011 Posted by hongkongphooey | Blogroll, Event, Hong Kong, Social Networking, Web Analytics | Event, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Web Analytics, Teamwork Communications, Web Analytics Wednesday | 1 Comment
- Cheap Alternative to Video DSLR Rig / Stabilizer - Manfrotto ModoSteady 585
- Review - iPod Nano 3Gen (8GB) and iPod Classic (160GB)
- First Look - Huawei Android Phone
- Review - Sony Handycam HDR-SR7/E
- How to Install Windows XP on the HP 2133 Mini-Note
- Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Portrait Shots
- CNET Asia Community Blog Entry - iPhone Clone - Mini iPhone m888a
- The All New Sony Alpha Lines - A230, A330 & A380
- PASM Studio & Portable Lighting Equipment & Accessories Rental Program
- A New Way To Surf The Net on Your iPad - The Rockmelt Way
- 1,930,230 hits on me
Count Your Days
February 2017 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
Badges – Misc
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
My Twitter Info
- Hello all, Isaac here again. As some of you know, it's less than a week until the one-year mark since dad has... fb.me/7AvvBngSb... 6 days ago
- Isaac here again, everyone. Hope everyone has had a good CNY and is ready to bring in this new year! Lets also... fb.me/4ch84AjVG... 3 weeks ago
- Hello all, Isaac here again. This year I've decided to participate in the St. Baldricks shave for the second... fb.me/8mL4wT4v5... 2 months ago
- Dear all, Isaac here, Victor's eldest checking in on life with all of dad's friends, coworkers and whatnot. The... fb.me/7RjhaPInV... 4 months ago
- CloudReady turns your old (or new) computer into a Chromebook androidauthority.com/cloudready-tur…... 1 year ago
- Do We Have A Way Out??? .....this going out to my C.E., C Y Leung #hongkong #hksar #paradi… ift.tt/1TgFLtK https://t.co/2zRUS9tNmE... 1 year ago
- Improving Startup Time in the NYTimes Android App #Android #NYTimes flip.it/W_frS... 1 year ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. ift.tt/20YSwvM https://t.co/7nOWiPFZ3v... 1 year ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. @ 周記油渣麪 instagram.com/p/BBrVEuECaro/... 1 year ago
- Facebook Messenger may soon get some new features including one potential game-changer #Facebook flip.it/D1O.I... 1 year ago
- 11 alternative uses for an old smartphone or tablet t3.com/news/11-altern…... 1 year ago
- Don’t forget anything with Remember the Milk’s overhauled app tnw.to/z0084 via @thenextweb... 1 year ago
- This is how Microsoft wants you to watch football in the future....awesome #Microsoft flip.it/f-9vw... 1 year ago
- Have you checked out Chrome’s Material Design makeover yet? Here’s how to do it androidauthority.com/chrome-browser… #Chrome... 1 year ago
- Amazon’s first Super Bowl ad has Alec Baldwin talking to Alexa #Amazon #SuperBowl #AlecBaldwin flip.it/yBp23... 1 year ago
- Hands-on with Reddit’s new official Android app in beta #Reddit #Android flip.it/DX3Jp... 1 year ago
- Samsung Galaxy S7 rumors point to a March 11 release date: Googlicious #Samsung #GalaxyS7 flip.it/I7v8-... 1 year ago
- Kickstarter finally launches an official app on Android #Kickstarter #Android flip.it/nfPiJ... 1 year ago
- North Korea Claims to Have Invented Hangover-Free Alcohol....now this makes sense..... flip.it/BeXSL... 1 year ago
- Woot....signed up for the 2:7 Growth Discipleship Workshop.....year long..... now off to S… ift.tt/1QeBkPx https://t.co/5lpw2O9Jvt... 1 year ago
Site infoHong Kong Tech Phooey
Blog at WordPress.com.