Funny parody video of what Instagram might do with the $1 billion from Facebook.
Source – The Verge
Good tip from Business Insider on how to update your Facebook status with Twitter, sure save a lot of time ob double posting for those heavy FB and Twitter users.
[Update: link fixed]
Source – Business Insider
Read on as TechCrunch’s article “Facebook Launches Skype-Powered Video Calling“, gives us a pretty good idea of what’s it all about. What’s your call on this one?
The next Web Wednesday meet is this coming Wednesday, 5 May, at Volar, Basement, 38-44 D’Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong.
This week, Web Wesnesdat will be featuring an interview with Trevor Johnson, Head of Planning & Strategy, Emerging Markets for Facebook. Trevor has flown in from London to be part of Social Media Week (http://socialmediaweek.org/hongkong/) and is keen to meet with the local Hong Kong Digerati. Given all the recent developments at Facebook – Places, Deals, new Asian ad sales team – there will be plenty to talk about so do join us on Wednesday 9th February, 2011 (usual place, usual time).
The event will start at 6:30pm and wind up around 9:30pm, with the talk/interview starting at 7:15pm.
As per usual, there’s a HK$100 entrance fee, including one complimentary drink and the chance to win lucky draw prizes.
Source : Web Wednesday Hong Kong
Like the redesign? me…. NO.
Source – stoicboy
Source – Google
Just installed mine and loving the all new interface. One thing though, for a lot of us, the new update won’t show up on the Applications Update Page on the App Store, so the best way to work around it is to go to App Store and download it as a new app. Since it’s a free app, there should not be a problem. Just install it over the old version and you’re done. Enjoy.
For more details on the newest version of Facebook for iPhone 3.0, check out TechCrunch’s article, Facebook 3.0 May Be The Most Useful App On The iPhone Yet.
Time for some boring news regarding Li Ka-Shing and Facebook, source from Reuters.
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Social networking site Facebook has closed a second $60 million investment round with Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-shing through his foundation, a source familiar with the deal confirmed on Thursday.
The source said the deal, which boosts Li’s holdings in Facebook to $120 million, including an earlier $60 million round late last year, is valued on the same $15 billion terms as a $240 million stake Microsoft took in October.
Li’s investment was made by the Li Ka Shing Foundation. Li-backed companies such as Hutchison Whampoa Ltd and TOM Group were not involved, the source said.
The stake boosts Li’s holdings to a 0.8 percent share of Facebook while Microsoft’s holds another 1.6 percent.
A Facebook spokesman declined to comment on Li’s stake.
MarketWatch broke details of the story earlier out of Hong Kong, quoting Li as saying “I may raise my investment in Facebook — anything is possible” during an earnings conference call for his company Hutchison Whampoa. But the report did not detail the scope of his investment.
Founded in 1980, the Li Ka Shing Foundation has focused on funding a variety of health, education and environmental projects in recent years.
In prior rounds dating back to 2004, Facebook has taken about $40.7 million from venture capital investors including PayPal co-founder and former CEO Peter Thiel along with Accel Partners, Greylock Partners and Meritech Capital Partners.
Source – Reuters
- How to Install Windows XP on the HP 2133 Mini-Note
- Refurbished 27-inch iMac on Apple Store
- Unboxing - Philips SHB7100 Bluetooth Stereo Headset
- Pic of the Day - Fake USB Thumb Drive / WiFi Adapter?
- Review - LG Shine KE970 / U970
- First Look - Huawei Android Phone
- Nokia E90 vs Dopod U1000
- Apple iPhone Emulator for Windows Mobile Released
- 1,927,655 hits on me
Count Your Days
July 2016 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
Badges – Misc
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.
My Twitter Info
- CloudReady turns your old (or new) computer into a Chromebook androidauthority.com/cloudready-tur…... 5 months ago
- Do We Have A Way Out??? .....this going out to my C.E., C Y Leung #hongkong #hksar #paradi… ift.tt/1TgFLtK https://t.co/2zRUS9tNmE... 5 months ago
- Improving Startup Time in the NYTimes Android App #Android #NYTimes flip.it/W_frS... 5 months ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. ift.tt/20YSwvM https://t.co/7nOWiPFZ3v... 5 months ago
- Nothing beats this great 油渣麵 and 維記潤牛麵, two best in Shamshuipo. @ 周記油渣麪 instagram.com/p/BBrVEuECaro/... 5 months ago
- Facebook Messenger may soon get some new features including one potential game-changer #Facebook flip.it/D1O.I... 5 months ago
- 11 alternative uses for an old smartphone or tablet t3.com/news/11-altern…... 5 months ago
- Don’t forget anything with Remember the Milk’s overhauled app tnw.to/z0084 via @thenextweb... 5 months ago
- This is how Microsoft wants you to watch football in the future....awesome #Microsoft flip.it/f-9vw... 5 months ago
- Have you checked out Chrome’s Material Design makeover yet? Here’s how to do it androidauthority.com/chrome-browser… #Chrome... 5 months ago
- Amazon’s first Super Bowl ad has Alec Baldwin talking to Alexa #Amazon #SuperBowl #AlecBaldwin flip.it/yBp23... 6 months ago
- Hands-on with Reddit’s new official Android app in beta #Reddit #Android flip.it/DX3Jp... 6 months ago
- Samsung Galaxy S7 rumors point to a March 11 release date: Googlicious #Samsung #GalaxyS7 flip.it/I7v8-... 6 months ago
- Kickstarter finally launches an official app on Android #Kickstarter #Android flip.it/nfPiJ... 6 months ago
- North Korea Claims to Have Invented Hangover-Free Alcohol....now this makes sense..... flip.it/BeXSL... 6 months ago
- Woot....signed up for the 2:7 Growth Discipleship Workshop.....year long..... now off to S… ift.tt/1QeBkPx https://t.co/5lpw2O9Jvt... 6 months ago
- Woot....signed up for the 2:7 Growth Discipleship Workshop.....year long..... now off to Sunday… instagram.com/p/BAoZBeKiagh/... 6 months ago
- RT @CNET: 7 new features coming to your iPhone and iPad with iOS 9.3 cnet.co/1n14BBy https://t.co/cM27kvwgUQ... 6 months ago
- How to use Pushbullet to become a notifications guru #Android flip.it/Tv4Ip... 6 months ago
- 4 Android Apps You Need to Uninstall from Your Smartphone Right Now #Android #Apps flip.it/JKLyi... 6 months ago