Launchpad lets you quickly see every application that is installed on your Mac. It also lets you search, organize, launch, and if downloaded from the Apple App Store, delete applications. Let’s have a look at Launchpad and see how it can make managing your apps easy and fun.
Source – mac tuts+
Is your Mac running a bit slow these days, or maybe clouded with tons of junk files, caches and useless log files…well, for a limited time, the great mac app, CleanGenius Pro is free on the Mac App Store.
EaseUS CleanGenius Pro is a system cleanup utility to clean up junk files, monitor disk space, quickly access and eject volumes, making your MacOS run faster and perform better. It covers all the features of CleanGenius Free and provides more: ejecting all mounted drives by one-click, set customized disk space value to raise alarm and Reveal in Finder to show the item. This professional Mac cleaner helps users to perfect Mac in all directions.
New Features in CleanGenius Pro 2.0:
- Uninstaller to completely remove the unwanted applications.
- New and Intuitive interface.
- Reveal in Finder to show the found item in Finder.
Source – EaseUS
Digital Camera RAW compatibility update version 3.7 update is out. Adding import savvy the following camera models to iPhoto ’11 and Aperture:
- Fujifilm FinePix X100,
- Nikon D5100,
- Olympus E-PL2,
- Olympus XZ-1 and
- Samsung GX-1S.
The update requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or 10.5.8 and you can find it once you perform a Software Update. For more information on supported RAW formats, see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3825.
ProKit 7.0 update is also available and it offers the following fixes:
- Improved support for PopOver style tooltips.
- Improved support for Font Smoothing.
- Addresses an issue with an unwanted gap between a menu and submenu.
- Fixes leaks and improves stability for the color picker and timecode interface in Final Cut Pro and Motion.
- Improved compatibility when importing assets from older versions of Soundtrack Pro.
- Fixes an issue with the scrubber appearance in Logic Express and Logic Pro.
- Addresses AppKit related crashes in Motion.
The ProKit 7.0 update is for all current users of Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, iPhoto, Aperture, Final Cut Express, Logic Pro, MainStage, Logic Express and iAd Producer, requires Mac OS X 10.6.7.
The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
- improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
- address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
- address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
- resolve a delay between print jobs
- address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
- resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
- address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
- resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
- improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
- resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
- improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
- resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
With the release of the Developer Preview seed, build 10A432, as well known as the Golden Master for 10.6 today, we can expect the release of the newest version of the Mac OS X Snow Leopard sometime next month. Stay tuned.
Source – GearLive